Terms & conditions
- The promoter for this prize draw is Monese Ltd of 1 King Street, London EC2V 8AU.
- By entering this prize draw each entrant accepts these terms and conditions.
Who can enter
- This promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom (excluding residents of Northern Ireland) who are at least 18 years old.
- Employees of the promoter, its associated companies, agents, third parties and anyone else professionally connected with this prize draw, and their close family members, aren’t eligible to enter this promotion.
- Only one entry per person.
- No automated, bulk or third party entries are permitted.
- The prize consists of one Amazon voucher for £1000 with an expiry date as stated on the gift voucher itself and will not be the responsibility of Monese if it has not been redeemed within the said period and has expired.
- Only one winner per household.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be provided. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or any part of the prize with one of equivalent or greater value.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable, and may not be exchanged for cash or any other prize.
How to enter
- To enter the prize draw you must complete the steps below:
- Invite a friend to open an account with us before 15th October via the Monese App
- Make sure your friend makes their first card transaction using their Monese card by 15th October
- We'll automatically enter you into our prize draw
- The prize draw will be open for entries and the first card transaction within the 12 days between 1000 on Monday 04th of October and 2359 on Friday 15th of October. Entries/Invites submitted outside this period will not be accepted by the promoter.
- Any entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions and any entry containing false, misleading or incomplete information may be excluded from the prize draw.
- Any instructions provided at the point of entry to the prize draw on the promoter’s website will form part of the terms and conditions of this prize draw, and will take precedence over any conflicting terms in paragraphs 1 to 9inclusive.
- The winners will be drawn at random from all valid entries received by the closing date.
- The winners will be notified by email (to the address provided on entry) by Friday 22nd October and given details of how to claim their prize.
- All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners, but if the promoter is unable to contact any winner by Friday 29th October, the promoter may at its discretion disqualify that winner and choose an alternative winner at random from the remaining valid entries subject to the same terms and conditions.
Prize redemption and restrictions
- Each winner must claim the prize by Friday 29th October. The voucher should be redeemed prior to the expiration date of the Amazon voucher stated on the voucher itself.
- The prize will be sent by email to the winners at the address provided on entry by Friday 22nd October.
- If any winner does not take up the prize for any by Friday 29th October the promoter reserves the right to award the relevant prize to another entrant chosen at random from the remaining valid entries, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of that prize.
Data protection and publicity
- The winners are expected to take part in promotional activity related to the prize draw as reasonably requested by the promoter.
- Subject to the winner objecting as set out in paragraph 7.6:
- the winners’ names and counties/countries may be published by the promoter on the promoter’s website and may also be published on social media channels; and
- the names and countries of the winners will be available for 6 weeks after the winners are notified on the promoter’s website at https://monese.com should it be required.
- The winners have the right to object to the use of their details in any publicity at the time of notification that they have won a prize.
- The promoter accepts no liability for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged in transit or cannot be delivered for any reason. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of the promoter’s receipt.
- The promoter accepts no liability for any costs associated with any prize.
- The promoter gives no representations or warranties about the quality or suitability of any prize.
- Except for liability for death and personal injury caused by the promoter’s negligence and any other liability which cannot be excluded by law, the promoter will not be liable for any loss, expense, liability or damage which is incurred (whether or not arising from negligence) in connection with entering this prize draw or accepting or using any prize.
- The promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to the prize draw where that failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control (including but not limited to weather conditions, fire, industrial action, war, political unrest, riots or changes of law).
- If events beyond the promoter’s reasonable control make this promotion or the awarding of any of any prize impossible, the promoter may in its discretion vary or amend the promotion accordingly.
- The promoter reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this prize draw for reasons outside its reasonable control or any technical or other difficulties which might compromise its integrity, with no liability to any entrants or their guests/travelling companions.
- The promoter’s decision on any aspect of this prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This prize draw and its terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.