How to send money to Canada
Now you can make international transfers in Canadian dollars using your Monese app
Mathilde в February 25, 2020
At Monese, we’re all about speed, transparency and making sure your money is always 100% secure. If you need to send an international transfer, you want something reliable, free of hidden fees, and of course, a service with excellent currency exchange rates. You can now depend on Monese for all this when sending money to Canada. That’s right! Turn those euros or pounds into Canadian dollars quickly with our highly dependable international money transfer service. Read on to learn how you can make the most of this feature right on your Monese app.
How to get started
No matter where you live, to quickly send Canadian dollars (CAD) to the Great White North with your Monese app at any time, follow these easy steps:
- Go to the Pay tab and choose the person or company you want to pay, or add a new one.
- Type in the amount you want to send.
- If you’re sending money to someone new, you’ll receive a code by SMS to authenticate your transfer.
You can check the live currency exchange rates on the Payments section of the app.
Time is money
Our global money transfers arrive quicker than most traditional international bank transfers. If you want to ensure your CAD transfer gets there on the same business day, send the money before 10:30 am (UK time).
However, it’s important to account for bank holidays in Canada, additional checks on our end or even processing times from the receiving bank. In these cases, your transfer could take up to four business days to arrive in the other account, so don’t panic. It’s on its way!
We speak your language
In our mission to offer a locally smart and globally connected service, we’re happy to announce that we speak Canada’s two official languages - English and French! So if you’re a Canadian expat abroad needing to send money back home and want to talk to us in your native language, you can do so! You can also set your Monese app to the language you prefer:
- Use your Monese account in English or French, across both our iOS and Android apps.
- Get help from our Support Team in both languages and across all our channels.
- To give it a try, open your Monese app and go to Account Settings Language.
Please note that you can only open a Monese account if you’re living in the European Economic Area (EEA), so this does not include Canada itself. However, we hope to be able to support the Canadian community all across Europe and look forward to seeing how you will use this new feature.
But that’s not all...
There are plenty of other great features in your Monese app that you can use daily to help you manage your money. Here are a few (but by no means is it an exhaustive list):
- Move money between EUR and GBP accounts for free, at any time, whenever you need.
- Still waiting for someone to pay you back before you can send money home? Not to worry! You can request payments from friends straight from the app and keep track of it in your transaction feed.
- You can also send, request and receive payments even faster between Monese accounts. It’s instant and absolutely free!
We’re working hard to help you send money abroad quickly and at great rates. We’re currently exploring more countries and currencies, so stay tuned! In the meantime, if you have any questions about your international transfers, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support team via email: email@example.com.
- Парични преводи
7 things to know when making an international money transfer
Read for insider tips so you can make an informed decision the next time you need to send money abroad.